Events in September1st September (2021) - 30th September (2021)
Copy link More
THE SEVENTH KOKMUIŽA FESTIVAL
At the premises of the Kokmuiža manor complex
- All day long Exhibition KOKMUIŽAS SVĒTKI CAURI LAIKIEM (“THE KOKMUIŽA FESTIVAL THROUGH THE YEARS”)
- 17:00 Opening of the exhibition KROGI VIDZEMĒ. PIE VECĀS RĪGAS – PĒTERBURGAS CEĻA NO ZVIRGZDU KROGA LĪDZ BRANDEĻA KROGAM (“PUBS IN VIDZEME. BY THE OLD RĪGA – SAINT PETERSBURG ROAD, FROM ZVIRGZDU PUB TO BRANDEĻA PUB”)
- 18:00 Opening of the exposition dedicated to conductor Roberts Zuiks. Musical performances by the pupils of Kocēni primary school and Valmiera Music School
- 20:00 Aija Andrejeva and Jānis Aišpurs concert programme 12 STĀSTI VASARAS VAKARAM (“12 STORIES FOR A SUMMER EVENING”)
- 21:30 - 4.09. 20:00 Opening of the art objeck exhibition THEY WERE HERE by the famous Finnish artist Alexander Reichstein.
- 10:00-15:00 Manor market – goods from artisans and home producers
- From 11am Enjoying belly pleasures together with Museum of Valmiera chefs Indra Vīlistere and Indra Bērziņa
- From 11am Uncovering and tasting the secret of a recipe from Latvia's first cookbook in Latvian languange
- 11:00-12:00 Boat trips in the Kokmuiža pond
- 11:00-15:00 Activities for children - games, workshops and archery
- 11:00-16:00 Clay workshops for children and adults with the VAIDAVAS KERAMISTE, in cooperations with VAIDAVAS KERAMIKA
- 11:00-16:00 Activities of the 38th Kocēni scout unit
- 12:00 Kokmuiža festival opening parade
- 12:30-13:00 Dikļi wind orchestra concert, conductor Pēteris Vilks
- 12:30-17:00 Latvian Antique Car Club retro car exhibition
- 13:00-13:40 Concert by the band PARKS and the Kocēni Culture house vocal ensemble IMERA
- 13:30 Dikļi amateur theater show VIŅA IR ĪSTĀ, MUTERĪT (“SHE’S THE ONE, MUM”)
- 16:00 Concert programme RADĪTS LATVIJĀ (“MADE IN LATVIA”). With musicians Valters Pūce (cello) and Dainis Tenis (piano The program includes the most outstanding melodies of Latvian composers of all time (Imants Kalniņš, Jānis Lūsēns, Emīls Dārziņš, Valters Pūce, Raimonds Pauls)
- 16:00 Performance ADULT RELATIONSHIPS by the contemporary theater VOLATUS
- 19:00 The premiere of Ilmārs Ozoliņš' song series EAST AND WEST. Music performed by the Kocēni Culture house mixed choir IMERA
- 21:00 Concert programme CITS PAULS with Ralfs Eilands and LATVIJAS RADIO BIGBENDS
All festive activities are free of charge.
CONCERTS, FESTIVITIES, SOCIAL GATHERINGS
- 1.09. 13:00, 15:00 Concert performance for children KĀ KRĀSAS MŪZIKAS INSTRUMENTUS SPĒLĒT MĀCĪJĀS (“HOW COLORS LEARNED TO PLAY THE MUSIC INSTRUMENTS”). Free entrance (pre-application by filling in the application form at www.vkc.lv). Location: By the Valmiera Music School.
- 1.09. 19:00 A musical 1. 09. with the singer Miks Frišfelds. Free entrance. Location: Gaujmala promaned by the Baltais plosts.
- 4.09. 14:00-18:00 FAMILY FESTIVITIES AT THE PARK OF SENSES. Barefoot trails and Trail in the trees visit according to price list, other activities free of charge. Location: The Gauja Steep banks Park of Senses, in Valmiera
- 4.09. 17:00 FESTIVITIES IN PLĀŅI with Sabīne Berezina, Pēters Upelnieks and Valmiera region amateur collectives. Free entrance. Location: By the Plāņi parish folk house
- 10.09.19:00 Haralds Sīmanis with concert programme PA APLI (“IN CIRCLES”). Entrance for donations. Pre-registration required. More information: olerumuiza.lv. Location: Oleru manor, in Jeru parish
- 11.09. 10:00 The 11th Birzītes festival LAI VIRMO ATPŪTA UN PRIEKS (“LET THE LEISURE AND JOY BE FREE”). Free entrance. Location: Birzīte, Parka street 2C, in Strenči
- 11.09. 13:00 Self-composed music, poetry and dance festival DEJAS DIENU KĀRTAINĀ ĀBOLMAIZE (“DANCE DAY LAYERED APPLE BREAD”). Registration (for songwriters, country musicians, performers) and more information via phone. 26321158 (Ināra Blūma). Location: Sēļu manor
- 18.09. 11:00-15:00 Miķeļdienas celebrations and marked GARDU MUTI. Free entrance. Location: Valmiermuiža park
- 18.09. 13:00 Autumn solstice event. Free entrance. Location: Rencēnu parish open-air stage
- 18.09. 17:00 Youth choir SKAN 20th anniversary concert SATIKŠANĀS MĪLESTĪBĀ (“MEETING IN LOVE”). Songs in the concert programme with music by Imants Kalniņš. Ticket price: 5 EUR. Location: Valmiera Culture Center
- 25.09. 18:00 Autumn solstice event. Free entrance. Location: Jērcēnmuiža, in Jērcēnu parish
FOR COGNITION AND HOBBY
- 1.09. 11:00 First school day celebratory buffet. Table reservation via phone: 64207301, 64207304 or e-mail [email protected] Entrance fee: 6 EUR (children up to age 6), 12 EUR(children ages 7-12), 20 EUR (adults). Location: The outdoor terraces and restaurant of the hotel WOLMAR
- 17.-19.09. European Culture Heritage Days
- 17.09. 16:00-19:00 Horse vehicle exhibition and stable tour. Exhibition free of charge. Excursion for a fee. Location: Valmiermuiža stable
- 18.09. European Cultural Heritage Day events on the route Cempi-Valmiera-Zilaiskalns. Free membership
- 18.,19.09. 11:00-16:00 Horse vehicle exhibition. Horseback riding and carriage rides. Exhibition free of charge. Horseback riding for a fee. Location: Valmiermuiža stable
- 18.09. World clean-up in Valmiera region. More information: valmierasnovads.lv
- Until 12.09. Painting exhibition by the Rūjiena resident Vita Balode. Location: Naukšēni parish library.
- Until 18.09. Express-exhibition POGA from the museum’s collection. Location: Museum of Valmiera Exhibition Hall.
- Until 25.09. Exhibition “REDZĒT. DOMĀT. RADĪT.” (“SEE. THINK. CREATE.”) by the Valmiera Art School lecturers. Location: Museum of Valmiera Exhibition Hall.
- Until 25.09. Painting exhibition “IEGRIMT PEONIJU BURVĪBĀ” (“DIVE INTO THE MAGIC OF PEONY”) by Ilze Ērgle – Vanaga. Location: Museum of Valmiera Exhibition Hall.
- 3.-31.09. Exhibition KROGI VIDZEMĒ. PIE VECĀS RĪGAS – PĒTERBURGAS CEĻA NO ZVIRGZDU KROGA LĪDZ BRANDEĻA KROGAM (“PUBS IN VIDZEME. BY THE OLD RĪGA – SAINT PETERSBURG ROAD, FROM ZVIRGZDU PUB TO BRANDEĻA PUB”). Location: Kocēni parish library vaulted hall.
- 6.09.-4.10. Exhibition DABAS STUDIJAS (“NATURE STUDIES”) by Alise Patrīcija Alberinga, 4th year student of the Painting Department of the Latvian Academy of Arts. Free entrance. Location: Mazsalaca Culture Center.
- 6.09.-4.10. Exhibition LAIKAKMENS (“TIMESTONE”) by Linda Zelta, a graduate of the Ceramics Department of the Latvian Academy of Arts. Free entrance. Location: Mazsalaca Culture Center
- 8.09-15.10. Exhibition VIDUSLAIKU PILSĒTAS GLEZNA (“PAITING OF A MEDIEVAL TOWN”). Collection of Hanseatic costumes. Free entrance. Location: Naukšēni Cilvēkmuzejs
- 13.09.-18.10. Photo exhibition by Agnese Auniņa Linmeijere. Free entrance. Location: Naukšēni parish library.
- From 21.09. Express-exhibition LIETUSSARGI (“UMBRELLAS”). Location: Museum of Valmiera Exhibition Hall.
- All September Paiting exhibition by Līga Jaunzeme. Location: Valmiera integrated library
- All September Exhibition 3 OZOLAS. Free entrance. Location: Rūjiena Exhibition hall, Upes street 7, in Rūjiena
- All September Exhibition of paintings by Pēteris Postažs. Free entrance. Location: Rūjiena Culture house
- All September Painting exhibition DZĪLES (“DEPTHS”) by Inese Vēriņa – Lubiņa. Free entrance. Location: Bērzaine Folk house
- All September Painting exhibtion by Sarmītee Liepiņa. Location: Strenči town library
- All September Exhibition of works by students of Aloja School of Music and Art in Limbaži region - MAZĀ FORMĀTA TEKSTILS (“SMALL FORMAT TEXTIL”). Free entrance. Location: Mazasalaca Culture Center
- All September Exhibition LINS PELĒKAIS AR CIMDIŅU ZĪDAINO (“GRAY LINEN WITH SILKY GLOVE”) by the Valmiera region Folk Applied Art Studio MAZSALACA and weawing studio. Free entrance. Location: Amatu house, Rīgas street 10, in Mazsalacā
- Permanently Exhibition TEIC MAN, GAUJA, VALMIERAS STĀSTU (“TELL ME, GAUJA, THE STORY OF VALMIERA”). Location: Museum of Valmiera Maršnera house.
SPORTS AND ACTIVE RECREATION
- 11.09. 10:00-18:00 Sports games for young people with special needs MĒS VARAM (“WE CAN”). Sports games without spectators. Location: Jāņa Daliņa Stadium, in Valmiera
- 11.09. 12:00-20:00 Latvian Championship in Latin-American dancesWorld Sports Dance Federation ranking stage in junior II standard dance program. Ticket price: 10 EUR. Location: Valmiera Olympic Center
- 23.-30.09. European Sports Week acitivities. Locaion: Valmiera region