The 2.8 km long walking trail is designed as a circular route that includes 10 audio guide points. Audio stories for trail walkers reveal interesting facts about Dikļi and the origins of the Song Festival. They also tell the story about the First Latvian Singing Festival in 1864 and the author of its idea – parish priest and writer Juris Neikens, as well as about the preservation of this tradition until present day.
The beginning of the trail and the first point of the audio guide are located in the center of Dikļi village near the TOP store. Further on, it leads along a scenic forest path along the Mazbriedes river, the Neikenkalns open-air concert hall and the Dikļi rectory, where the pastor and founder of the singing festival, Juris Neikens, used to live. Leaving the Neikena stone, the trail continues past the Dikļi evangelical lutheran church, through the Dikļi Song Festival promenade, taking you back to the center of the Dikļi village.
The audio guide is available in Latvian, English and Estonian languages
Difficulty level: Easy